I’m an IT professional extensively experienced in unix operating systems (unices) administration, networking and security. I’m familiar with variety of unices based on the Linux operating system and plenty of Internet services, protocols and standards too. Information security and performance have been primary interests of mine as well as computer science in general. Free and open source software (FOSS) has been (among other personal interests) one of my favourite priorities since I’ve got my first computer. Therefore my insight in this area is deep.
- Matouš Jan Fialka
- born 18 July 1979 in Prague
Philosophy and Anthropology
- 2001–2005 (incomplete)
- Charles University in Prague (Faculty of Humanities)
- attended physical anthropology classes at Hrdlicka Museum of Man (Faculty of Science)
- attended interdisciplinary classes at Center for Theoretical Studies
- attended editorial work classes for Czech language
General Certification of English Language
- State Language School in Prague 1
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- certified February 2015 (Datascript s.r.o.)
Casablanca INT s.r.o. (since May 2005)
- CSIRT leader
- system architect and service developer
- Linux servers administrator
- metropolitan network administrator
- cloud system and telehouse center operator
- NOC dispatcher
- Czech (native)
- English (proficient; C1 level)
- German (intermediate)
- Chinese (beginner)
Extensive experience with the configuration, security assessment, hardening, performance optimization, monitoring, debugging and overall maintenance of diverse Linux distributions, notably:
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
- CentOS and Fedora
- Project Atomic
- Debian GNU/Linux
Proficient in setting up Linux infrastructure components, notably:
- firewalls, routers and VPN servers
- load balancing and high availability servers
- network and distributed file systems
- web, mail and DNS servers
- forwarding or reverse proxies and web accelerators
- relational, non-relational and time series databases
- backup and monitoring services
- application and infrastructure automating tools
Versed in the server security including Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) and conversant with Linux® (kernel) internals and runtime parameters.
Minor experience also with Berkeley Distribution (BSD) OS family including FreeBSD and OpenBSD.
Used to troubleshoot technical issues in high pressure situations.
Cognizant of common Internet protocols specifications and a great many of Request for Comments (RFC) documents.
Experienced in the configuration and securing LAN components. Familiar with many routing or switching hardware vendors, notably:
- Cisco ®
- Juniper ®
- Huawei ® and H3C ®
Scripting, Programming and Templating
- unix shells (POSIX, KSH, BASH)
- SED and AWK
- Perl and Python
- ANSI C
- Go Programming Language (Golang)
- Typographical System TeX
- Jinja 2
I also understand several metasyntax notations, domain-specific languages and master regular expressions of various kinds.
I’m constantly interested in science, philosophy and technology. Classical music, modern jazz, arts and literature are essential interests of mine too. I like to travel and occasionaly take photographs with my Nikon ® FM2 35 mm film, single-lens reflex (SLR) camera.